In order to keep our roads safe for smooth travels, our road crews have to preserve the integrity of the surface. Unfortunately, that means some temporary closures along the way.
The good news is that closures are only expected to last two hours with this asphalt preservation program. There will also be traffic control crews at each location to help vehicles around the work area.
Here are the locations and the scheduled resurfacing dates:
- William Ave.- from N. Pruitt St. to N. Main St.
- W. Texas Ave.- from Decker Dr. to west of Mary Wilbanks Ave
- Schilling Ave.- from Garth Rd. to N. Main St.
- E. Texas Ave.- from S. 1st St. to Alexander Dr.
- McKinney Rd.- from Massey Tompkins Rd. to N. Alexander Dr.
- E. Texas Ave.- from S. 1st St. to S. Main St.
- Bob Smith Rd.- from N. Main St. to railroad tracks
- Barkaloo Rd.- from Baker Rd. to Blue Heron Pkwy.
- South Rd.- from Garth Rd. to end of road
- Civic Dr.- from loop and rear entrance
- Cedar Bayou Rd.- from James Bowie Dr. to ferry
Note: Road closures are expected to last two hours on day of road work. Traffic control crews will be on hand to help route traffic around closed areas.
Rain is in the forecast and that could delay portions of the project. We will keep you updated with the latest information.