- Public Safety
- Community Programs
- R.A.D. Self-defense
If you are looking for a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training then R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) is for you.
The National Standard in Self Defense Education™
The Rape Aggression Defense System is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. Instructors and provide each student with a workbook/reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth, and is the key to our free lifetime return and practice policy for R.A.D. graduates.
The national standard in self-defense Instructor Certification, R.A.D. is internationally recognized for programming quality and organizational commitment to excellence. R.A.D. Systems balances the needs of women to acquire self-defense education in a relatively short period of time, with the lifelong commitment required for physical skill mastery. How? By providing short term training opportunities in a progressive building block format, and combining each with R.A.D.'s trademark Lifetime Return and Practice Policy! Only a unified, extensive network can provide this service, honored nationwide and throughout Canada. While other programs and/or instructors struggle to keep pace, R.A.D. Instructors share lifesaving information with confidence, knowing that their lessons will be continuously reinforced for a lifetime!
- R.A.D. is the largest network of its kind with over 7000 Instructors receiving training in our systems to date. These Instructors teach at various colleges, universities, and municipal law enforcement agencies as well as various other community organizations internationally. R.A.D. has trained more than 300,000 women since the program began in 1989.
- R.A.D. is the only existing program with a free lifetime return and practice policy, honored throughout both the US and Canada.
- R.A.D. has developed specialized simulation techniques and equipment for use by certified R.A.D. instructors.
- R.A.D. is the only self defense program ever endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
- Lawrence N. Nadeau, Director of Instructional Development and Founder.
Registration Open for August 2023
Register online today for the upcoming class beginning August 1st, 2023.
(This is a 12-hour class with (4) 3-hour sessions. You must be able to attend all four sessions (12 hours). Sessions for this class will be August 1st, 3rd, 8th and 10th, 2023 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. each night.
The training is free, however, a refundable $25 deposit is required to reserve a spot in the course. A Receipt and Deposit Agreement form must be completed with your registration. Please download it once you register and return the form and your $25 deposit (Cash or Check) to the:
Crime Prevention Offices at 220 W. Defee Ave., Baytown, TX 77520