Baytown's Grito Fest Weekend
About 2023 Grito Fest
Grito Fest, one of the area’s most popular festivals celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month, is coming! The Pre-Party takes place at Baytown Town Square, located at 213 W. Texas Avenue, on October 6, 2023 with Gary Hobbs and Hometown Boys. La Leyenda will headline day two of Grito Fest at Bicentennial Park, located at 1001 Market Street, on October 7, 2023. This FREE and family-friendly outdoor festival features musical entertainment, mariachis, kid’s activities, contests, food and craft vendors, and more.
- No outside alcohol
- No smoking or vaping
- No pets
- No drones
- No bicycles, scooters, or motorized vehicles
- No four-wheelers/ATVS
- No skateboards, rollerblades, or roller skates
- No fireworks of any kind
- No BBQ pits or grills
- All bags and coolers are subject to being searched
Friday, October 6
Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- 5:30 – 7:30pm: Mariachi Band
- 7:30 – 8:30pm: Hometown Boys
- 8:30 - 9:00pm: Ballet Folklorico Herencia Mexicana de Houston
- 9:00 – 10:00pm: Headliner: Gary Hobbs
Saturday, October 7
Alcohol will not be allowed due to property restrictions.
- 4:30 – 5:30pm: Mariachi Band
- 5:30 – 6:30pm: Sandy G y Los Gavilanes
- 6:30 – 6:45pm: Mixteco Ballet Folkiorico
- 6:45 – 7:00pm: Grito Preliminaries / Accordion Competition
- 7:00 – 8:00pm: Ruben Ramos & the Mexican Revolution
- 8:00 – 8:15pm: Jalapeño eating contest / Grito Championships / Salsa competition results
- 8:15 – 8:45pm: Mejikenze Ballet Folklorico
- 9:00 – 10:30pm: Headliner: La Leyenda
Baytown's Grito Fest
The annual Grito Fest, one of the area’s most popular festivals celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month, is held over two days: the Pre-Party at Baytown Town Square (213 W. Texas Ave) and the main Grito Fest at Bicentennial Park (1001 Market Street). It is held the first weekend of October every year. This FREE and family-friendly outdoor festival features musical entertainment, mariachis, kid’s activities, contests, food and craft vendors, and more.
A great deal of our future success will be attributed to our generous sponsors! Our sponsors have the advantage of supporting events organized by the City of Baytown's Parks and Recreation Department that bring in over 40,000 attendees annually between our three (3) major concert events.
Local support is vital to this operation, as these sponsorships assist in providing attendees everything from safety and facility services to quality entertainment that brings the Baytown and surrounding communities closer together. Attendees enjoy live entertainment and have access to food, art, and service vendors throughout the events.