The City of Baytown has contracted with Angel Brothers Enterprises Ltd. to Complete the South Main Street Drainage Improvements from West Texas Avenue to West Gulf Avenue.
- Intersection of South Main Street and Texas Avenue is Step 1 of construction and is scheduled to be closed starting on July 22, 2020, and reopen November 22, 2020. Angel Brothers is installing new underground storm sewer and replacing the concrete pavement.
- Intersection of South Main Street and West Gulf Avenue is Step 2 of construction and is scheduled to be closed starting on November 22, 2020, and reopen January 15, 2020. New underground drainage system and pavement will be installed in this second step as well.
Please be safe - follow all guide signs and flagging personnel instructions for their safety and yours.
Please be advised of the following road closure Information:
- Step 1: Starting July 22, 2020 construction will require a total road closure to all through traffic on South Main Street from East Defee Avenue to East Gulf Avenue
- Step 2: will include construction from East Pearce Avenue to Republic Avenue, planned to occur in the next construction sequence, later this year.
Detour Map During Step 1:
Street News to Remember
- Trash and recycling
services will not beinterrupted during the
- For construction relatedconcerns please call
- During constructionplease follow all detours
and road closed signs