- Public Information
- Garbage & Recycle
Garbage & Recycle
It’s time to talk about your trash service as Baytown switches providers from Waste Management to Best Trash. We know change is always difficult, but the City of Baytown made the decision to switch trash companies due to a better service contract and a promise to improve the quality of service to residents. The good news is your trash bill is not going up and you’re going to receive a trash bin and a recycle bin. Trash bags, 30-gallon bags or smaller, will also be allowed as long as you put them next to the bins.
Here is the information you need to know:
Trash Service Switch-Over Dates
- November 1 to 21: Full-sized Best Trash & Recycle Bins will be delivered to residents.
- November 29: Last Trash Service Day for Waste Management. Use Waste Management bins until this day.
- December 1: First Best Trash Service Day. Place new bins on curb by 7 AM.
- November 29 to December 13: Waste Management bins will be picked up. Leave these bins empty after November 29.
Click graphic below for PDF (8 MB):
Trash Day Changes
Residents in the Lakewood subdivision and others who live south of Decker Drive and west of State Highway 146 will switch days from Monday/Thursday to Tuesday/Friday. This switch was necessary for Best Trash to deliver the best service possible to these customers and others.
Important note: Other Baytown residents will remain on their current trash pick-up days.
Click the map below for PDF (.5 MB):
Recycle Day Changes
Recycle Days will be changing for the majority of residents in Baytown. This was another change that would help with efficiency for Best Trash.
- Monday: North of Highway 146, West of Main Street
- Tuesday: South of Highway 146, East of Main Street
- Thursday: North of Highway 146, East of Main Street
- Friday: South of Highway 146, West of Main Street
Click the map below for PDF (1 MB):
Citizens will provide for their own Trash Can.
In order to receive a recycle bin, please call the Public Works Dept. @ (281) 420-5300. You will be asked for your name, address & telephone number & your information will be forwarded to Waste Mgmt. who will then deliver your bin within 5-7 business days.
Accepted for curbside pickup
- Household waste
- Leaves and cuttings in plastic bags
- Heavy trash including furniture, boxes, and appliances without Freon
- See Brush Collection for larger items.
Trash collection days
- Monday and Thursday : North of State Highway 146
- Tuesday and Friday: South of State Highway 146
Building materials, tires, batteries, electronic or other hazardous materials (i.e., pesticides, cleaning fluids and paints)
(These items are accepted at the Baytown Green Center or at the Harris County HHW Facility.)
There is no curbside pickup for trash or recycling when your pickup day falls on one of these holidays:
- New Year’s Day
Curbside trash and recycling will be picked up on your usual schedule.
Brush Pile Guidelines
- Put materials on the curb in front of your home. Do not place on vacant lots or medians.
- Do not place materials in front of utility poles, traffic signs, utilities meters or hydrants.
- Do not stack brush too close to fences, mail boxes, under overhead wires or low hanging tree limbs.
- Do not allow your brush to block the sidewalk or protrude into the street.
What goes to the curb?
- Tree Limbs (8 feet or less)
Do not include bagged leaves, lumber, wood, plastic or any other material with the brush and limbs. Bagged leaves & cuttings are placed with the twice weekly garbage collection.
What time should brush be at the curb?
- By 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your collection week.
When is brush collected?
Brush is collected once a month. See the Brush & Limb Disposal Pickup Map to determine your pickup day.
|Zone 1 - Blue||The week of the first Monday||East of North Main/North of Ward Road|
|Zone 2 - Orange||The week of the second Monday||South of Ward Road East of Goose Creek|
|Zone 3 - Purple||The week of the third Monday||Southwest of Decker Drive West of Goose Creek|
|Zone 4 - Green||The week of the fourth Monday||East of Decker Drive West of North Main/North of West Lob|
Hours of Operation:
|Tuesday||12 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||12 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||12 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Friday||12 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
Cost & Requirements:
- Pickup trucks and cars ($5)
- Trailers up to 8 feet ($5)
- Trailers 8 feet to 16 feet ($10)
- Trailers over 16 feet are not allowed
- Combination of vehicle and trailer fees will apply
Only household debris is accepted. This includes furniture and household trash. Small, loose construction and demolition material must be bagged or boxed.
- Commercial waste
- Motor oil and filters
- Bricks, concrete, dirt
- Appliances with Freon
- Hazardous Materials
- Grocery Bags
- Can you tell me more about Best Trash?
- I liked the service I had. Why is the City changing companies?
- Will my trash costs increase?
- What can we expect?
- When do I need to put my trash and recycle bins out?
- What if I fill up my trash bin before trash day?
- Can I use my trash can I purchased?
- Who can I call for more information?