Welcome to the City of Baytown Police Department Pages. The Baytown Police Department is dedicated to providing quality service to the citizens of Baytown. This site is intended to provide a communication arm to that service goal.
Our Mission is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Baytown by working cooperatively with the citizens within the framework of the U.S. Constitution.
We will accomplish our Mission by enforcing the Laws, educating the Public, preserving the Peace, reducing Citizen Apprehension, and providing a safe environment for our Community by vigorously eliminating the criminal element.
Police Department Goals
- To make the delivery of Police Services and Crime Control in Baytown a model for the rest of the state.
- To encourage closer relationships and reaction with the Public through Crime Prevention Programs, Education in Schools, and Neighborhood Programs.
- To work toward a drug free society by aggressive planning, education, and enforcement actions.
- To initiate effective enforcement by actively identifying those criminal behaviors which challenge the safety of our Community and to develop AGGRESSIVE ENFORCEMENT planning to reduce or eliminate those criminal behaviors before they have a chance to develop.
- To instill unity and dedication in all members of the Department by uniting them into a progressive unified force to deal with the crime problems of the future.
- To improve Officer career paths, academic performance, and to reduce Department attrition.
- To establish basic fundamentals for implementing and maintaining a healthy functioning Police Department.
- To formulate an executive board whose responsibilities will be to ensure integration, cooperation, and communication throughout the Department as well as to interact with other agencies, city departments, and community members.
- To review our mission, goals, and objectives on an annual basis to ensure our mission, goals, and objectives are based upon community and departmental needs.