Residents and visitors of the City of Baytown can take advantage of several city facilities for meetings, parties and other functions. These include everything from outdoor venues like Jo Roosa Pavilion, which accommodates 100 people, to the auditorium at the Baytown Community Center, which accommodates as many as 400 guests.
For even larger events, there’s the Bicentennial Park Amphitheater. This exciting venue, which is the site of the city’s annual Fourth of July celebration, is perfect for concerts and festivals.
The city also has a swimming pool and a spray park available for parties and other events. The pools can be reserved for a fee. The spray park is always open to the public, and the picnic shelters nearby are available only on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fees and availability for city facilities vary. For details, check the links. The swimming pools open each year on the Saturday before Memorial Day and remain open until the Sunday before Goose Creek students return to school each August. The spray park opens the Saturday before Daylight Savings Time begins in April and closes when Daylight Savings Time ends in October.
City facilities located in parks abide by the same rules and regulations of the park, unless otherwise stated. Please see the regulations below.
Facilities such as the Baytown Community Center, Bicentennial Park and the Wayne Gray Sports Complex have their own sets of regulations. For details, call 281-420-6597 between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m, Monday thru Friday.
Rules & Regulations
- Smoking is not permitted in any City facility.
- Firearms are prohibited.
- Consumption and/or Possession of Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Animals of any kind are not permitted in any City facility with the exception of assist dogs trained and in service to a physically impaired or challenged person and police dogs that are part of the City of Baytown’s K-9 unit.
- All rentals after 6:00 p.m. must have security, which includes a $75 deposit and a rate of $30/hr per officer.
- Rooms may be rented Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to Midnight, and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- All reservations shall require a Deposit, which must be paid within two working days of the booking unless a shorter time frame is required.
- Reservations may be up to one year in advance.