The Baytown Engineering Department is dedicated to providing professional engineering services for publicly funded capital improvement projects (CIP). Plan, program, design, and manage construction and engineering projects for improvement and expansion of municipal infrastructure. Develop and analyze courses of action for project development and recommend the best strategy for construction and engineering of CIP. Provide information to the public and other city departments as requested.
- Improve management of capital improvement projects to ensure quality construction and that it is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Improve city services by reducing the backlog of maintenance and repair activities through capital improvement projects, providing timely customer responses, and enforcing warranty issues.
- Provide a thorough review of construction drawings and plats submitted for approval through the Development Review Committee in a timely manner.
- Increase the use of technology to reap the benefits of cost/time savings, and increased productivity.
- Improve the professional working relationship with: the citizens of Baytown; other City departments; community organizations; local, state, and federal agencies; consulting engineers; and contractors.