Commercial Water Taps
- Service must be set up with the City before the meter can be purchased. Either
the contractor or the owner may set up the account. A deposit is required and
a deposit contract will need to be signed.
- The City uses Neptune meters.
- Please pay for your meter, specified in City approved plans, at the Utility Billing Office, 2505 Market Street, while setting up your account.
- Please bring your permit specifying meter(s) needed.
- Some larger meters have to be ordered, and delivery time to the City may take up to four weeks .
- The meter should be picked up at the Municipal Service Center located at 2123 Market Street, Baytown, Texas.
- Please have your receipt readily available when you go to pick up your meter.
- After tap is made and meter set, the following information should be faxed
to 281-420-6514, Attention: Customer Service, or sent to the City of Baytown,
Attention: Utility Billing Department, P.O. Box 424, Baytown, TX 77522.
- Meter ID Number
- Meter Make: Neptune
- Meter Model (Any meter over 2” should be a compound meter.)
- Meter Size
- Number of digits
- Beginning Reading
- Date Installed
- This information must be provided to the City as soon as possible, preferably
the day the meter is installed or the next day.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter!
|Related Forms and Documents|
|Water Meter Price List|
|Application Form for Commercial Service||PDF (50k)||Doc (55k)|
|Confidentiality of Personal Information Form||PDF (42k)||Doc (52k)|