Welcome to the Baytown Police Department Citizen Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
This incident occurred within the Baytown Police Department City limits?
There are No Known suspects?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions section listed at the bottom of this page.
- Note : All cases filed using the online reporting system will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted. Filing a false police report is a crime.
Texas Penal Code Sec. 37.08: A person commits an offense if, with intent to deceive, he knowingly makes a false statement that is material to a criminal investigation and makes the statement to:
- A peace officer conducting the investigation: or
- Any employee of a law enforcement agency that is authorized by the agency to conduct the investigation and that the actor knows is conducting the investigation.
You can report the following incidents with the online reporting system:
Upon completion of the report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a Coplogic case number starting with “T”.
- Be able to print a copy of the report for your records.
If you have been the victim of harassing calls and do not know the person who is calling, you can use this online system. After completing your report and receiving your police report number, please contact your phone service provider, as noted on your telephone bill, with the report number you received. Follow your phone service provider’s instructions and keep track of when calls occur and the number they are from (if you have caller ID).
Only information with a red asterisk * is mandatory. If you have an email address please enter it so you can get the status of your report (email addresses are not used for any other purpose).
Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911, If non-emergency call 281-422-8371.
Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer: Only cases involving Identity Theft can be reported from outside the city limits of Baytown Police Department. All other cases must report to the city the offense occurred in.
Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.