Notice of Public Hearings
Public Hearing notices are posted on the City's notice boards and website, said notices are only maintained on the website until such time as the hearing date has passed. Original documents are maintained in the City Clerk's Office for the designated retention period. For more information regarding each notice, please refer to the department information listed on each notice, as the responsible party may vary.
September 19 & October 17, 2017
Planning & Zoning
NOTICE is hereby given that the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Baytown will hold the first and second public hearings on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 and October 17, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. in the Council Chambers at Baytown City Hall, 2401 Market Street, Baytown, TX, giving all interested parties the right to appear and be heard on the following items:
1. the proposed rezoning of approximately 1.14 acres of land, at 708 Peggy Avenue and 1515 N. 8th Street, located on the northwest corner of the intersection of N. Eighth Street and Peggy Avenue, Harris County, Texas, from Mixed Use (MU) Zoning District to Mixed residential at low to medium densities (SF2) Zoning District; and
2. the rezoning of approximately 3.48 acres of land, approximately 360 feet north of West Baker Road, legally described as Tract 26 in Lot 6, Abstract No. 44, Nathaniel Lynch Survey, Harris County, Texas, from Neighborhood Serving Commercial (NSC) Zoning District to General Commercial (GC) Zoning District.
October 5, 2017 & October 10, 2017
NOTICE is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Baytown will be holding public hearings on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. and Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 5:30 P.M. in the Council Chambers at Baytown City Hall, 2401 Market Street, Baytown, TX, giving all interested parties the right to appear and be heard on the proposed annexations of approximately:
(1) 107.21 acres, generally located on the northwest corner of Interstate 10 and John Martin Road, and legally described as Tract 1, Block 46 and Tract 50, Block 45, Elena Fruit & Cotton Farms, Unit C, Harris County, Texas;
(2) 980 acres, generally located south of Interstate 10, east of Crosby Cedar Bayou Road, east and west of Sjolander Road, and north and south of Archer Road, including multiple parcels, in Harris County, Texas;
(3) 160 acres, generally located south of Interstate 10, west of State Highway 146, north of Old Needlepoint Road, and east of Cedar Bayou, including multiple parcels, in Chambers County, Texas;
(4) 106.9 acres, generally located east of Barkuloo Road, south of Blue Heron Parkway, north of Massey Tompkins Road, and on the east and west sides of Crosby Cedar Bayou Road, including multiple parcels, and the Crosby Cedar Bayou Road right-of-way along the proposed annexation area in Harris County, Texas; and
(5) 340 acres, generally located south of Interstate 10, north of Blue Heron Parkway, east of North Main Street, and east and west sides of Barkuloo Road in select areas, including multiple parcels, and the Crosby Cedar Bayou Road right-of-way south of Interstate 10 to the southern point that intersects with Barkuloo Road in Harris County, Texas.
August 24, 2017
Texas Housing Foundation (THF) is making an application for a 4% Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) allocation with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for Bay City Village (project), a multi-family development which is located at 3301 Royal Street, Baytown, Texas 77520, Harris County. This Project will consist of the acquisition and rehabilitation of 62 multi-family units.
On Thursday, August 24, 2017, the City Council of the City of Baytown will vote on a resolution of no opposition and a resolution to allow the City to enter into a cooperative agreement with THF regarding the proposed project. Prior to the votes, the public is encouraged to review and comment on the proposal. All interested agencies, groups, and persons wishing to comment are invited to submit in writing on or before August 24, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. to: The City of Baytown, Planning and Development Services, 2401 Market Street, Baytown, TX 77520; fax: 1-281-929-0596; email: Cdbg@baytown.org. The City of Baytown will hold a public hearing regarding this proposed project on Thursday, August 24, 2017 during the regularly scheduled City Council Meeting which commences at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 2401 Market Street, Baytown, TX 77520. Interested parties may attend the City’s public hearing to listen and/or comment.
There may be an additional public hearing to receive public comment on the proposed development. Information regarding the date, time, and location of that hearing will be disseminated at least 30 days prior to the hearing date on the Department’s website. For more information regarding the proposed project and/or to view upcoming public hearing notices, please visit http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/multifamily/communities.htm for competitive HTC applications and Tax-Exempt Bond applications where the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs is the issuer. For Tax-Exempt Bond applications that utilize a local issuer interested individuals are encouraged to contact the local issuer for information regarding the public hearing.